Founded: March 17, 2017
Opened: August 1, 2018
Certified B Corp Status: May 2022 (Press Release)
- Terry Horner
- Shane Horner
- Jeremy Schwendeman
- Terry Horner, Chairman & CEO
- Kathy Horner, General Manager
- CJ Golobish, Head Brewer
As a fundamental part of our mission and values, Liability Brewing strives to give back to our local community via partnerships with charities focused on improving our region’s environmental footprint, educational attainment levels, and personal and economic impact of our citizens.
Our charity themes are:
- Military/Veteran Support
- Disadvantaged Members of Society
For each theme, we partner with a local charity for 30 days. During that time frame, we provide the following:
- Free use of our space to host a private event to support the charity’s mission,
- Public event to engage the community and our customers in the mission of the charity,
- Donation of a portion of sales of Monsieur le Maire Golden Ale, and
- Shared promotion of the charity on our social media channels.
Throughout the year, we also support local charities via participation in festivals and events.
- Greenville Literacy Association
- Upstate Forever
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas
- Service Dogs for Veterans
- Pride Link
- Greenville Griffins Rugby Club
- Freehub Racing
- Urban League of the Upstate
- South Carolina Brewers Guild
CHARITY BEER - MONSIEUR LE MAIRE
One way we're giving back is by donating a portion of the proceeds from all sales of our newly released benefit beer, Monsieur le Maire. And when we say all sales, we mean sales through distribution in addition to sales in our taproom.
This delightful 4.9% ABV Golden Ale was purpose built by our brewing team to support our charity programs. Literally translating to Mr. Mayor, this beer was inspired by the character Jean Valjean from Les Miserables who as a parolee led a life intent on doing good and became a benefactor for members of society who were the most in need.
Golden Ales are unpretentious, easy-drinking, and never dull. We chose this style because we love the simplicity of the base recipe. We wanted a base beer that we could tweak with additions of fruit or spices which allows us to produce new varieties throughout the year, and we think we've nailed it.
HOW WE SUPPORT OUR EMPLOYEES
- All employees are paid a livable wage.
- We offer health insurance and related benefits to all full-time staff.
- We offer ongoing opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
- We regularly assess our environmental impact (see below).
- Investments in carbon offsets.
- We've implemented policies to encourage purchasing from suppliers who are committed to sustainability.
- We purchase from local suppliers whenever possible.
lbs of Greenhouse
Sq. Ft. of Cropland